OFFICIAL RULES: HOMETOWN SHOPPER SUMMERTIME SWEEPSTAKES 2017
1. ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary. Legal residents of Nassau, Suffolk, and Queens counties in New York are eligible to enter the “Hometown Shopper Summertime Sweepstakes” (hereinafter the “Sweepstakes”). Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Newsday LLC (the “Sponsor”), Bethpage Federal Credit Union (“Prize Provider”), their advertising or promotion agencies, parent companies, service providers, agents, officers, subsidiaries or affiliates, or any other persons or entities directly associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of the immediate families of and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Limit one (1) entry per person/per email address.
2. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD: The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” begins at 11:00 A.M. Eastern Time on May 18, 2017 and ends at 10:59 A.M. Eastern Time on July 28, 2017.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, go to www.hometownshopperli.com, during the Sweepstakes Entry Period and follow the links and instructions to completely fill out the online entry form, and submit in accordance with the on-screen instructions. All entries must be submitted online. Mailed or hard copy entries will not be accepted. All entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Failure to submit all required information and submissions in the manner required in these Official Rules may result in disqualification. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant of the Sweepstakes, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural holder of the email account provided on the entry form. E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. By entering, entrants release the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property that may be sustained in connection with the Sweepstakes entry, ownership or use of the prize.
4. PRIZES: One (1) randomly selected Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) 64 GB mini tablet. Approx. prize value: $499. Sponsor and/or Prize Provider may, in its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
5. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: A random drawing from all eligible entries received will take place on or about July 31, 2017 to select the Grand Prize winner. Winner will be notified via email on or about August 1, 2017. If the potential winner fails to respond to prize notification email within forty-eight (48) hours confirming acceptance of prize, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, or if the winner refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited by such winner. Sponsor will select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries.
All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by Sponsor are within Sponsor’s sole discretion and are final and binding.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. All taxes (including, but not limited to, income taxes) are the sole responsibility of winner. Prizewinner will be required to complete and return a W-9 form and to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and a Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”). Non-compliance may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be chosen. Return of prize, prize notification, or Affidavit/Release as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities and their licensees and affiliates to use the winner’s name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation on-line, unless and to the extent prohibited by law. All entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor at its sole discretion reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes, without liability. Void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law.
7. DISCLAIMERS: By entering, entrants agree to release the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all losses or injuries of any kind arising out of their acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of the prize, their participation in the Sweepstakes, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network and/or transmission line, computer on-line system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, hardware, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, mechanically duplicated, illegible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Entrants also agree that the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant or third person’s computer system related to or resulting from the Sweepstakes and its prize. The Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for damage to a user’s computer system in any way due to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading any information in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation any server failure, lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction.
8. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. Any attempt to damage or undermine the fair and legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes will result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes.
9. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK AND: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS SITUATED IN NEW YORK, (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, (C) NO PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, MAY BE AWARDED, AND (D) ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM SPECIAL DAMAGES AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE SUCH DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED.
11. RULES/WINNERS’ LIST: For an additional copy of these Official Rules or a prize winner listing, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Hometown Shopper Summertime Sweepstakes Prize Winner Listing, c/o James Rosenfeld, Hometown Shopper Sales Dept., 235 Pinelawn Road, Melville NY 11747. All requests for rules and winners lists must be received by December 31, 2017.